Monday, June 29, 2009

True Blood Goldenrod

I have a confession to make... I don't watch HBO's True Blood...



Not that I don't love all-things premium cable - Sex and the City, Weeds, The Tudors, Curb Your Enthusiasm thankyouverymuch! But for some reason, the vamp drama hasn't caught on with me just yet. The husband insists that I should give it a chance; he knows I sometimes disregard shows in their first run for no good reason, only to fall in love with them in syndication. Case in point: though I liked it ok when it ran on the WB, it wasn't until Buffy started rerunning on TBS at three in the morning that I fell in bloody love. Yeah, I know. I was a little late to the party on that one.


But back to True Blood. It sounds great based on everything I've been told, and it helps that one of my favorite Bold and Beautiful actresses, Ashley Jones (aka Bridget Forrester), is supposedly beginning a stint on it...




Yet I don't feel grabbed by the neck by it, so to speak. Oh well.

So I sat idly by and let my husband watch it a few days ago, barely paying attention... That is, until I happened to notice a beautiful, vivid maxi dress being worn by one of the characters (I learned her name is Maryann) at a *very* naked party. In fact, she may have been the only woman wearing clothes. Which is why she stood out.




"Gee!" thought I, "what a pretty dress. I need more pretty dresses like that. Hey, I feel inspired to look up BCBG dresses on eBay, since I love them so but can never afford them retail!"

And what do I see as the first listing...?



Can I get a WOOT WOOT?!

Who knew the HBO/BCBG stars would be so aligned? I called it without even trying!

And - btw - $69 is a LOT better than $600, if I do say so myself.

Maybe I should reconsider my career as a buyer...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
design by suckmylolly.com